Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN)
Who is Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN) ?
Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri or The Inland Revenue Board Malaysia (IRB) act as an agent to provide services in assessing, administering, collecting and enforcing the payment of income tax and other taxes that are under the board’s jurisdiction.
The Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (IRBM) is one of the main revenue collecting agencies of the Ministry of Finance.
IRBM was established in accordance with the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia Act 1995 to give it more autonomy especially in financial and personnel management as well as to improve the quality and effectiveness of tax administration.
The Department of Inland Revenue Malaysia became a board on March 1, 1996, and is now formally known as IRBM.
The agency is responsible for the overall administration of direct taxes under the following Acts
- Income Tax Act 1967,
- Petroleum (Income Tax) Act 1967,
- Real Property Gains Tax Act 1976,
- Promotion of Investments Act 1986,
- Stamp Act 1949,
- Labuan Business Activity Tax Act 1990.
- To act as agent of the Government and to provide services in administering, assessing, collecting and enforcing payment of income tax, petroleum income tax, real property gains tax, estate duty, stamp duties and such other taxes as may be agreed between the Government and the Board;
- To advise the Government on matters relating to taxation and to liaise with the appropriate Ministries and statutory bodies on such matters;
- To participate in or outside Malaysia in respect of matters relating to taxation;
- To perform such other functions as are conferred on the Board by any other written law;
- May act as a collection agent for and on behalf of any body for the recovery of loans due for repayment to that body under any written law.
For details please visit Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri website.
Incoming search terms:
- lhdn malaysia
- E Filing Income Tax LHDN
- lembaga hasil dalam negeri
- LHDN 2015
- E Filing Cukai Pendapatan LHDN
- Cukai Pendapatan 2015
- lhdn lembaga hasil dalam negeri
- Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri BR1M
- lembaga hasil dalam negeri malaysia