MAS airfare subject to 6% GST
Beginning April 1, Malaysia Airlines customers will be subjected to the six per cent Goods & Services Tax (GST) on applicable goods and services supplied by the national carrier.
With the implementation of GST, the company’s existing Sales Tax and Service Tax will be removed.
MAS has also confirmed that they will be enhancing its tax invoices issued to customers to enable them to claim GST with input tax credits, where entitled.
MAS GST registered number is 001549307904.
Are sales of domestic or international air tickets subject to GST?
GST treatments for the sale of air tickets for domestic or international flights are as follows:
- Sale of domestic air tickets are subject to GST 6%;
- Sale of International air tickets are subject to GST at zero rate and this will include International transportation of passengers; from a place outside Malaysia to another outside Malaysia (e.g. Singapore [SIN]-Jakarta [JKT]/London [LON]-Hong Kong[HKG] / etc.);
- from the last exit point in Malaysia to any place in other country (e.g. Kuala Lumpur [KUL] – LON/ Penang [PEN]– Bangkok [BKK] / Kota Kinabalu[BKI] – Taipei [TPE]/etc.);
- from a place outside Malaysia to the first entry point in Malaysia (e.g. LON-KUL / BKK- PEN / TPE-BKI);
- from a place in Malaysia to another in Malaysia to the extent that those services are supplied by the same supplier as part of a supply of services to which (b)(ii) and (b)(iii) applies (e.g. LON-KUL-PEN / PEN-KUL-LON / KUL-BKI-TPE / TPE-BKI-KUL).
If a passenger purchases ticket online using his or her credit card for business travel, can the passenger request for the tax invoice to be issued under the company’s name?
There will be an option in the online system for the tax invoice to issued as preferred by the passenger (i.e full tax invoice with company name on it)
For further information, customers can visit http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/footer/goods-and-services-tax.html and refer to Malaysia Airlines’ GST Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) or contact Malaysia Airlines’ call centre at 1300 88 3000.
Incoming search terms:
- malaysia airlines TAX INVOICE
- mas airline tax invoice
- mas tax invoice
- TAX INVOICE malaysia airlines
- malaysia airline tax invoice